ADS-02 diagnostic system is intended for total ultrasonic flaw inspection and detection simultaneously in two rail lines (R50, R65 and R75 types) laid in a track.
SPECIFICS OF ULTRASONIC RAIL FLAW DETECTOR ADS-02
- Continuous recording of information data about rail structure gathered during testing procedure for the whole working period to the built-in memory card (Compact Flash) in form of B-scan images (track coordinate – rail depth).
- Recording of individual A-scan frames to the built-in memory card (time scanning – reflection signal amplitude) when operating in manual mode.
- A,B-scan displays of the data gathered while detecting rails, both immediately during inspection and in flaw detection laboratory.
- Registration of the distance covered by the operator and track coordinates with the help of an electro-optical sensor with an accuracy being not worse than 1%.
- Registration of amplification parameters in each channel of detection and of all the changes made by the operator during working shift.
- After inspection it is possible to re-record the information into database of a stationary computer.
- In-depth analysis of inspection results with the help of a stationary personal computer.
- Keeping and printing on paper of a final inspection protocol (record).
Exact binding to a track coordinate allows to register defective or suspicious areas of rails for re-inspection and closer control.
In base schema for sonic rail testing 6 piezoelectric transducers are used for each rail line with 8 channels of detection with the use of echo- and reflection-transmission detection methods.
Ultrasonic rail flaw detector ADS-02 is equipped with an IBM compatible industry-standard computer what ensures system flexibility and allows to use any schema for sonic testing with 8 channels of detection. The operator can choose a sonic test schema out of the schemas available in the base or compose it on his own.
Selectors are placed symmetrically between the wheels of the carriage what allows to evenly distribute the weight of the carriage between the selectors and provide stable position of piezoelectric transducers relative to long axis of the rail. At the same time several smooth adjustments are provided for which allow to control the position of search system on used and battered rails.
SPECIFICS OF ULTRASONIC RAIL FLAW DETECTOR ADS-02
- Base processor unit IBM PC 386, 40MHz.
- Capacity of the built-in long-term storage 128MB or up to 50km mileage (in base version).
- Screen – luminiscent flat panel, resolution 320õ240, 16 tonal gradations (without makeup heating).
- 12V supply by accumulator (input voltage limits 10V-24V).
- Weight with the carriage and constituent parts (without coupling water and accumulators) not more than 45 kg.
- Weight of electronic unit - 4 kg.
- Operating temperature range from -40°Ñ to +50°Ñ.
- When transmitting information to the personal computer the data are stored in the internal Compact Flash recorder what allows to completely avoid data loss.
- Protocols of data transmission to outboard computer - USB, LPT, Ethernet (option).
- Possibility to connect additional (peripheral) devices to the electric unit– full-sized keyboard, monitor display SVGA, portable USB Flash Pen drive.
CAPABILITIES OF PROGRAMME SHELL OF ULTRASONIC RAIL FLAW DETECTOR ADS-O2
- Operator interaction mode.
- Comfortable nested menu system.
- Automatic compression and pack of information in storage device.
- Electronic protocol concerning operating results where inspection date and time, names of operators, name of rail track section where flaw detection was carried out, amplifying states in each of ten channels, number of defective areas, number of stops are registered.
- Continuous recording of information data about rail structure in form of Â-scan images with channel (head, web, tangent) signal separation in each rail line.
- On-line revision of inspection results (for example, at once after passing the joint).
- Flaw detection in the bolt hole areas by means of dipulses with temporary disconnection of disturbing signals.
- Determination of nominal flaw dimensions and its location in rail cross-sections both in automatic mode and manual mode with the help of a cursor.
- Bottom signal auto seek mode to smoothly roll onto rails of different types.
- Possibility of emergency information decoding with the flaw detector without use of an additional computer.
CAPABILITIES OF THE PROGRAMME FOR IN-DEPTH INTERPRETATION OF DEFECTOGRAMS
A special Windows format programme is developed to work on a stationary computer with the data received during run-time of the flaw detector. The programme for in-depth analysis of ultrasound images allows:
- to use color code for signals from different piezoelectric transducers (coming/outgoing).
- to use amplification mode to examine individual signals thoroughly.
- to simulate moving along individual problem areas with sound accompaniment.
- to create 3D models of individual areas of a defective rail with the possibility to rotate them in different planes for thorough visual inspection.
- to simultaneously analyze ultrasound images of one area made at different times.
- to print out individual ultrasound image areas.
Ultrasonic rail flaw detector ADS-02 can be used both as main organic equipment for rail flaw detection and as an inspection carriage to make a track certificate and to objective control the flaw detection quality.
A modified ultrasonic rail flaw detector ADS-02 can be used with rail welding trains for incoming inspection of used rails and for outgoing inspection of weld joints to compose quality certificates of welded rails.